Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Not For Lack of Bread

23/3/11

Nancy:

Today, Steff introduced me to Jewish food. This is another wonderful thing that has yet to hit Kiwi shores. Just you wait, New Zealand. Until today, I had never cried over bread and dairy products.

I ate a bagel and cream cheese. And I feel that I have now lived a fulfilled life. This was the best bagel and cream cheese that has ever touched my lips. The cream cheese had chunks of smoked salmon in it! Oh, and the matzoh ball soup, and the blintzes! I felt as though I was being fed from the hand of Abraham himself. With every bite, my appreciate of the meal increased, to climactic proportions.

Apparently the key to my spirituality is through my stomach, because I'm ready to convert to Judaism right now. Even if only for the food.

Left to right: bazillions of bagels, bazillions of flavoured cream cheeses, an extremely happy Nancy.

Creative Commons License
The Quest Quotient by Nancy Howie and Steff Werman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at thequestquotient2011.blogspot.com.

No comments: